5 Things to Know Before Selling Gold to a Pawn Shop
Pawn shops are a popular option for people looking to sell gold for cash. If you are on the fence about whether or not your local pawn shop is the best option for you, here are a few things you should know that may help you decide:
1. Why selling gold to pawn shops is so common
There are a few reasons why pawn shops are so popular for selling gold. First, they offer quick and easy cash. Second, they don't require a lot of paperwork. Third, they typically offer higher prices than other types of buyers, such as gold buyers or jewelers.
2. How the price of gold fluctuates
The price of gold fluctuates on an hourly basis.
Rather than sending you off to research, the team at Queen of Pawns tracks the international price of gold on a minute per minute basis, so you are sure to always get the best offer for your gold.
3. What to expect when selling your gold to a pawn shop
The process of selling gold to a Queen of Pawn’s pawn shop is super simple.
First, you'll need to bring your gold to the pawn shop. One of our pawnbrokers will then weigh your gold and determine its karat (purity). The pawnbroker will then make you an offer based on the current market price of gold and the karat of your gold. If you accept the offer, the pawnbroker will give you cash on the spot! It’s that easy.
4. The difference between pawn shops vs. gold buyers
Pawn shops and gold buyers are both businesses that buy gold, but they operate in different ways. While both gold buyers and pawn shops work off the current price point for precious metals, unlike gold buyers, pawnbrokers have the flexibility to negotiate with knowledgeable and/or respectful customers.
The typical tiebreaker: If you need cash quickly, a pawn shop is the better option.
5. How to get the most cash possible for your gold
At Queen of Pawns, we offer very competitive prices for gold. Not to mention, we also take all forms of gold, meaning everything from gold jewelry for women to scrap gold and broken jewelry to gold coins.
While some may tell you to clean your gold pieces, hunt down certificates, and more to receive more money, we take it as is and STILL pay you as much as we can.
Frequently asked questions when selling gold to a pawn shop
Q: Is gold worth anything at a pawn shop?
A: Of course! We aim to give you the best price possible based on the current gold price.
Q: Is it better to pawn or sell my gold?
A: It depends on your goal. If your goal is quick cash, sell it. If you’d like to keep your gold at the end of the transaction, pawn it and get cash for it in the meantime.
Q: Can I sell gold in a pawn shop?
A: Absolutely! Come on in to one of our locations in Florida soon.
Q: How much will I get if I sell my gold?
A: The price of gold fluctuates on a daily basis, but our team at Queen of Pawns keeps a close eye on it to always guarantee you the most accurate price!
Where to sell your gold in Florida
If you're looking to sell your gold in Florida, here are a few pawn shops to consider:
- Queen of Pawns Miami: 2430 NW 36th St Florida, 33142
- Queen of Pawns Lauderdale Lakes: 2868 N State Rd Florida, 33313
- Queen of Pawns Deerfield Beach: 31 S Federal Hwy Florida, 33441
- Queen of Pawns Lake Worth: 3380 S Military Tr Florida, 33463
- Queen of Pawns West Palm Beach: 1180 S Military Tr Florida, 33415, 821 N Military Tr Florida, 33415, 6080 Okeechobee Blvd Florida, 33417, 4900 Broadway Ave Florida, 33441
- Queen of Pawns Port Saint Lucie: 1676 SE Port Saint Lucie Blvd Florida, 34952
- Queen of Pawns Kissimmee : 1700 W Vine St Florida, 34741
- Queen of Pawns Tampa: 7202 E Hillsborough Ave Florida, 33610, 1745 W Hillsborough Ave Florida, 33603, 1406 E Fowler Ave Florida, 33612
We hope to see you soon at any one of our pawn shops in Florida to sell your gold soon!