7 Tips for Buying Pawn Shop Jewelry and Gold for Christmas
Any good savvy shoppers may know of the magic gems one can find at a pawn shop, but for most, visiting a pawn shop for jewelry isn’t always a first thought during the holidays.
Well, we’re here to give the secret away… Jewelry from pawn shops is equally as valuable and beautiful as it is affordable. Plus, the entire experience is rewarding and fun. It’s like a scavenger hunt, but with only natural diamonds, the best prices in gold, and high-quality pieces like those from Kendra Scott, Cartier, David Yurman, Harry Winston, Bvlgari, or Van Cleef & Arpels.
If you’re planning to do a Google search that says ‘jewelry pawn shop near me’ after reading that, then let us give you some tips to make your shopping experience even better:
1. No more hunting for jewelry sales for Christmas… Layaway jewelry exists here! Our layaway is completely free, has flexible payments, and will not harm your credit… ever. It is the best way to get the piece you deserve in an affordable way and our pawn shop jewelry prices will blow you away!
2. If you have a particular item in mind, don’t be afraid to go to multiple stores to find it. All of our locations have different options, layaway programs, and deals. Check out all of our Queen of Pawns locations here to find the closest one to you.
3. If you need new jewelry ideas for Christmas, try finding unique treasures to repurpose. If you find a piece of jewelry that you love, but it is not the style or piece of jewelry you were hoping for, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider it! A pendant could be made out of a beautiful stone, and a real diamond necklace could be turned into an engagement ring.
4. Hoping to pop the special question this holiday season? Pawn shops are a great place to look for an engagement ring and we go above and beyond to make sure you have the highest quality. If you are interested in finding an ultra-special diamond engagement ring, we invite you to swing by and talk to one of our pawnbrokers or GIA-certified specialists.
5. Go to who you trust! This means visiting pawn shops that you know only carry the best quality jewelry. At Queen of Pawns, we are equipped with state-of-the-art technology that allows us to identify natural diamonds. We do not buy, pawn, or sell lab grown diamonds. We accept only natural diamonds; read why that is on our blog on natural vs lab grown diamonds here.
6. Check out pawn shop locations ahead of time to be keen on pricing, quality, customer service, and more. Different pawn shops carry and specialize in different things. For example, many customers come to us for the best prices for gold, layaway jewelry, and layaway for engagement rings when it comes time for them to buy jewelry.
7. Finding jewelry at pawn shops is rewarding, but it may take some time and digging to find your perfect piece. We suggest making it a fun process by bringing a friend, printing out pictures of items you like, and trying on jewelry yourself along the way (it’s okay to give yourself a Christmas gift too!).
We want shopping at pawn stores to be fun and memorable, and we hope our tips will help guide you this season. If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to call us.
No matter where you are in Florida, we bet we have a location near you. We have Miami, Lauderdale Lakes, Deerfield Beach, Kissimmee, Orlando, Tampa, and West Palm Beach pawn shops! If you don’t want to drive far to find us, try this: closest pawn shop to my location.
Oh, and yes, we’re one of the awesome open pawn shops on Sunday too, so come shop soon!!!